Sunday, April 24, 2011

My i-need-to-do-this-and-say-things-this-way-so-i-can-feel-better-again rant.

SO can someone explain to me this? Or this? Explain to me anything really because I am TOO confused. So they say don’t judge a book by its cover... alright so I read the book and I'm in a trance. But then the librarian tells me I have to return the book? Let me make this a bit clear. The book is a boy and the librarian is my best friend. Well I think she still is. I dunno. So I messed up. BIG WOOP but CMON can I just get a break? Can we extend the Due Date? Now that I think of it Due Date is a movie I saw with my best friend and the book. It’s with Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis and well it’s a movie about this guy who gets stuck with this pain in the ass but in the end it all works out and he enjoys what comes out of the experience. In this situation I’d be the pain and I don’t know if in the end the person that was stuck with me is going to enjoy the crap I put her through but maybe shell see that its actually not a big deal (I think I make her want to shoot me in the foot). 

First of all MAY I JUST SAY i don’t like parties where people are drinking and drunk before the party even starts. Why would you drink to get drunk? Maybe it’s some sort of escape from reality but uhmmm moviiing onnn. So yah this party that I went to was boring - would you leave if you were bored? I felt like the pair of jeans in the rack of leggings. My friend was a pretty pair of leggings so I left her hanging. I KNOW kinda mean but what was i supposed to do? Try to blend in? So i went to watch the movie Tarzan with the book aka the boy- take it as you like it (which is also a book by Shakespeare about finding who you are in a world of fakes). Tarzan is all about finding your place, where you fit in and being happy there. Being king of your jungle. 
SO explain to me why I can’t be queen of the jungle? Why can’t I be happy all the time? Why can’t people stop stealing my textbooks at school? Why can’t teachers start answering questions for me (that implies explaining them and doing their job)? And why can’t everything just be ok? Be ok Be ok. hmm sounds like a song by Ingrid Michaelson.
Explain to me why my school is segregated and why everyone likes to live up to their stereotypes. The white people are gossiping-say-it-behind-your-back-wear-pretty-clothes people that go to parties and act nice to one another and the blacks wear their pants so low you probably couldn’t see their swagged out shoes. Not everyone is like this but come to my school. Check it out. Hamilton is like a bag of Chex-mix that has been sorted out so that every different snack is separate from the others. DUDE can we just mix and mingle? Sure we can. Now I’m just rambling. 
The point of all of this is to understand... Why not? Why? Why at all? JEEZE (is that even how you spell it) can’t I just be allowed to be happy my way? 
LET ME GO let me be who i want to. So what if I want to go off and live with African natives and learn the language and play drums during an African wedding. So what if i want to feed the starving. Let me talk about what bothers me until I can start taking action. Don’t support me if you don’t agree don’t smile at me if you don’t like me. Actually that was stupid. Ok let me fix that. Smile. But smile with the intention that you want to like me eventually. Smile only if you plan to try to push our differences aside. Let me be the book worm. Let me like the book. Let me walk a little farther away from where we usually walk... walk with me. 
I’m always here for you. Don’t be afraid to be mad at me. Talk to me. Silence kills.
Stay silent if you intend to kill me just know I’m quick enough to get away from the silence. Don’t be silent. 
Be heard. Let me hear your reasoning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment