Sunday, August 14, 2011

The People

Argentina ;
Tango, musical spanish, delicious food, and beautiful people. Its not what I would use to describe a third world country. The reality of it is that Argentina is (to me) the most wonderful place on earth because of the people in it... and it is also one of the most unfair and cruel "hell-holes" out there.
The systems here, whether they be political, economical, or educational, are so unorganized. Here you can´t even pay your bills without waiting in a line for at least an hour. Oh but the people are so patient.. and they don´t start a law suit over how long they had to stand in the cold. Here there are more stray dogs that one can imagine.. and even more stray children and families. They live in homes with rooms that are not fit to house one person, made of tin metal, and they wear shoes if they're lucky... but they don´t run to their mothers and say that the food is gross and cold. Most people here don't have I-Phones and I-things... but they don't seem to think its the end of the world. They´d rather go over to their friends house and watch a game of soccer. The people have friends from their infancy... and they can laugh about things that happened in elementary school. Everyone knows someone worth knowing. Everyone has a friend (except for the president - she has to force people to come to her speeches). So why wouldn't I go live there? Why would I live here in the US? For the cars, the schools, and the comforts of living? Argentina is where my family is but here is where I've lived my life - it's where I'm comfortable. The decision is tearing me apart.. but I think I'm still sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment