Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I'm almost there

When it comes time that you begin any trip, you usually have a map or some sort of plan you will follow. You plan to stay on a certain course - to follow a certain path or trail. However there are some people that, while following that path stop to look onto the surface of a lake or a river and they see a reflection. I did not say their  reflection.
The reflection is somewhat skewed and doesn't look much like them at all. The mistake is made when they would, after seeing this, not worry or think twice about it, then they would continue on that same path they were on. There are others who, when seeing a reflection that is not their own, will go back, retrace their steps and try to find where they left themselves. They may think that they have lost their way but actually, when they strayed off that worn path, they created their own trail. Their own options. On that new trail they would see many new things and hopefully that would inspire then to think new things. A person though, no matter what path they take, should have some sort  of goal in mind. If they lose focus of their goal then they may not feel a need to move forward anymore. For myself, I know that I am almost their - at my goal. Did I say you needed your goal to be some huge life wish? Sorry but no I didn't. This time around my goal wasn't big at all compared to the grand scheme of things. It was actually very small and had to do with a small drum inside me that I had to learn to play a different beat on. Yes I'm talking about a goal having to do with my silly heart. I had an inconsistency and I finally figured out why it was there! Imagine you were on a path where it was sunny then suddenly it rained and only five minutes later the sun would come out. I was in relationships that made my world topsy-turvy and that messed with my emotions and clarity of mind - like the blood flow wasn't getting to my head. But I'm almost there - I got off that path and I stopped looking back. I stopped responding to that other beat even if it was uncomfortable and painful.
I know that I will always be familiar with that old path, that lost goal, that inconsistent beat, that rainy weather with sporadic sunshine, but on my new path I only see sunshine and new possibilities. On my new path I am heading to a broader horizon... and I'm not looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment