Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Alone


I have been meaning to write this for a while now because I feel that I am very alone. I mean I have the usual things that keep me sane like my religion (god, Jesus, the whole crew) and my family (I'm not actually sure if they help with the sanity factor). I mean look around on this page. More than likely there are no comments posted, and still no followers. Even the people that blog about their five year old daughters first day of kindergarten have more followers than I do. This means that a kindergartener's day by day is more interesting than what I want to say. To top it all off my best friend is moving to Texas…Texas? Why couldn't it have been Colorado or Arizona well not that it matters anymore because we have officially become the California girls living like were in a movie. Best friend moves away then she and I will talk on the phone, Facebook, text, while she's going to ho-downs and I'm going to the beach. Later on we'll slowly stop talking to one another and end up running into each other at a supermarket.

Regardless… I am alone. Most of the people at my school are fake drama seekers who only care about partying and who hooked up with who. I have "friends" sure but we have little in common (meaning they don't think about things the same way I do but then again who does). I don't think I will ever find friends that last me more than a couple of years. It hasn't happened yet. People like me have a hard time finding friends because we over think and over analyze. When I'm getting to know someone I try to understand how they view things (the correct view is never one but many) and people like me try to come off as normal so it's hard to find people like me. Maybe it's for the best. Maybe two of me together is a bad idea. Haha! So instead I find people that at least support my way of thinking or agree with me sometimes.

Hither we have

Best friend 2008-2010 who until she sold her soul to cover-up, eyeliner, and attitude always got along with me and made me laugh my guts out of my ears.

Best friend 2007-2008 my twin in everything only it turned out that those years I was actually her not me so it ended when I found myself again.

Best friend 2006-2007 consisted of two people; a soccer player chick who was never satisfied with me and a boy who I ended up dating (which ended that friendship).

Every best friend before then was during elementary school and my friendships really just revolved around the fights over sharing crayons.

Now we see a trend with me. Never more than two years and my Best friend now (2010-????) is coincidentally moving two states away. Lovely. Maybe someday while I'm traveling I will meet some amazing people who do the same thing I do and we will save lives on our journeys together. *sigh* Now give me a shooting star.


1 comment:

  1. Ana my dear, this is Hannah...
    Although we inevitably grew apart when we went to different high schools, we usually come together again within several months, and it doesn't feel weird at all.
    You and I are similar in many ways, including some of the things you listed above...
    And although we probably won't ever be as close as we used to be, remember that you can always come to me.
    We aren't alone.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete